Information for players
Upcoming concerts are shown below with rehearsal details.
Christmas Trees 2017
Friday 08 December 2017 at 7:30 pm at St Edburg's, Bicester
An informal concert amongst eighty beautiful Christmas trees, with ensemble and chamber music from:
Trinity Camerata Players
December 2017 BCOS
Saturday 16 December 2017 at 7:30 pm at St. Edburg's, Bicester
Conductor: Martin Quinn
“Noël, Noël” - a Christmas celebration (with Bicester Choral and Operatic Society)
A selection of carols, readings and musical items including:
Handel - Overture from Messiah
Vaughan Williams - Fantasy on Christmas Carols
Holst - Christmas Day
Orchestration 2222 2200 T
Both at St Edburg’s, Bicester
- Thursday 14 December 7:45: orchestra only
- Saturday 16 December 2:30: choir and orchestra (items with orchestra rehearsed first)
Sunday 04 February 2018 at 3:45 pm at St. Edburg's Church, Bicester
Conductor: Sam Laughton
Brahms: Hungarian Dances Nos. 5 & 7
Beethoven: Violin Concerto (soloist Emily Sun)
Nielsen: Helios Overture
Smetana: Vltava (from Ma Vlast)
Brahms: 3222 4230 T 3perc 4'
Beethoven: 1222 2200 T 42'
Sibelius Finlandia: 2222+cb 4331 T perc 9'
Smetana: 2+pc222 4321 T 3perc hp 12'
Nielsen: 2+pc222 4331 T
- Thursday 11 January 7:45-10:00pm: complete run through
- Thursday 18 January 7:45-10:00pm: strings only
- Thursday 25 January 7:45-10:00pm
- Thursday 1 February 7:45-10:00pm
- Sunday 4 February 1pm-3pm: rehearsal, then concert at 3:45pm; finished by 6pm
Sunday 01 July 2018 at 3:45 pm at St. Edburg's Church, Bicester
Conductor: James Ham
Rameau: Overture from Les Indes Galantes
Fauré: Pelléas et Mélisande Suite
Ravel: Pavane pour une infante défunte
Mendelssohn: Symphony No. 3 "Scottish"
Rameau: 1202 0000 5'
Fauré: 2222 4200 T hp 18'
Ravel: 2122 2000 hp 7'
Mendelssohn: 2222 4200 T 41'
- Thursday 7 June 7:45-10:00pm: complete run through
- Thursday 14 June 7:45-10:00pm: strings only
- Thursday 21 June 7:45-10:00pm
- Thursday 28 June 7:45-10:00pm
- Sunday 1 July 1pm-3pm: rehearsal, then concert at 3:45pm; finished by 6pm
Sunday 14 October 2018 at 3:45 am at
Conductor: Sam Laughton
Programme to be decided.
Instrumentation to come
- Thursday 20 September 7:45-10:00pm: complete run through
- Thursday 27 September 7:45-10:00pm: strings only
- Thursday 4 October 7:45-10:00pm
- Thursday 11 October 7:45-10:00pm
- Sunday 14 October 1pm-3pm: rehearsal, then concert at 3:45pm; finished by 6pm